Re: boot-floppies package for hamm?

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Norbert Veber wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 1998 at 10:43:11PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> >
> > I am really hurting for a set too.  Is it safe to force the libc5-pic and
> > ncurses3.0-pic?

I noticed these ... I ALMOST got a bo set to build on a hamm system the
other day.  I am now trying to get a 2.0.32 set to build on a hamm system
but it is so darned slow as my "ftp archive" is a slow nfs mount and the
Makefile want to do a find on the archive every third line ;).

Once my current build fails (I know it is going to), I am going to break
down and D/L the archive.

Oh joy!  It looks like root.bin just made ok on the bo system.  The hamm
system is still chugging along.

Crap ... it died:

./rescue.sh ""
/home/ftp/pub/debian/stable/binary-i386/base/kernel-image-2.0.29_2.0.29-7.deb
root.bin 1440 1.3
1440+0 records in
1440+0 records out
ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: No such device or address
Kernel Size=602 k, Root System Size=678 k
/usr/lib/syslinux/img1440.gz: No such file or directory
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop3,
       or too many mounted file systems

<sigh>

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org