Re: logging into Winnt from linux

Gary van Blerk <zebulon@icon.co.za> writes:

> I have recently installed Debian Linux 1.3.1 Kernel 2.30.0 at work. We
>  run a WinNt server 3.51 Is there any client I can use to log onto the
> WinNt server from my linux box and get access to all my resources on
> the server and also get Microsoft mail.

If you want to use Microsoft Mail, you'll have to see if you can get a
POP server for it, or get it configured to forward mail to your PC via
SMTP.

> Will I be able to use the resources of the machines in my workgroup?

You can use printers and files with the samba package.  (And you can
share *your* resources with your workgroup.)  If you compile the
kernel with SMBFS support, you can mount the files off your server or
any Win95 PC with TCP/IP enabled.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."