Backup system

Hi there,

I would like to set up a simple Backup system for a linux server I'm
setting up.  I hear that linux has great support for floppy tape drives.
 Anyone recommend a good one with least amount of troubles getting to work?

The system I would like to set up is to have a cron that backs up the
entire drive to tape every 48 hours or so while everyone is sleeping.  I
would also like to create a boot disk that anyone could use in the event of
a hard drive failure.  After a new drive was installed the disk would boot,
fdisk and format (if possible), and then dump the contents of whatever is
on the tape back to the disk.

Is this possible?  Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to go
about setting this up?  Anyone done something like this already or know
where I can find someone who has?

thanks for any advice,

rob