Re: *-* auto-upgrade from rex to hamm

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 lucier@bossie.cow-net.com wrote:

> Addressed to: hilliard@metrolink.net (Robert D. Hilliard)
>               debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> ** Reply to note from hilliard@metrolink.net (Robert D. Hilliard) Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:03:55 -0500 (EST)
> >
> >      I believe it is desirable for debian to provide a painless
> > upgrade route from rex to hamm, without first upgrading to bo.
>
> Howdy Robert......:-)
>
> Fairly newcomer to Linux here, so hope you (or anyone else) wouldn't mind
> answering a couple of basic questions for me:
>
> does rex = rexx  (script language found in OS/2 amongst others)

Nope, rex = Debian 1.2

> What are hamm and bo?

bo = Debian 1.3.x
hamm = What will eventually be Debian 2.0

The names are references to characters from Pixar's movie "Toy Story".
The president of SPI and former Debian project leader is employed at Pixar

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/