Re: [HELP] Need name/copy of script which loads modules at startup

Myron Alexander <misterx@phoenix.ntech.ac.za> writes:

> A while back, when I was playing with my kernel, I wanted to stop
> thereof from the rc.? directory. The plan was that I would put it
> back in but then I forgot. Now I would like to load my modules at
> startup and I have forgotten where this is done. I think it was a
> script in rc.boot but then I could be wrong :(
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Myron.

Well, on my bo system the file is /etc/init.d/modules; (it's not in
/etc/rc.boot though it is called from /etc/init.d/boot) as with any
file from the base system, if I ever wipe it out I can get it back
from my bo CD by doing:
cd /
mount /cdrom
tar xzvkf /cdrom/bo/disks-i386/current/base1_3.tgz etc/init.d/modules

If you don't have a bo CD available, I can mail you my
/etc/init.d/modules if you need it.