Re: Netscape 4.04.... [Read this Please!]

Þann 18-Jan-98 skrifar Timothy M. Hospedales:
>     My MOZILLA_HOME as well as all the other directories NSN  must find as
> described in the README are already set. :(.However, everyone who has replied
> indicating success seems to be running full hamm. Mine is half bo, half hamm.
> I suspect that the problem is rooted in the half bo, half hamm thing.....
>     Does anyone run applets successfully in NSN4 under a dual libc5 & libc6
> system?Thanks,
> Timothy.

  Even if you have a full hamm system, you need to have both libc5 & libc6
installed, as the netscape binary is compiled against libc5.  So, I would
answer yes to your question.

  The reason I pointed out the MOZILLA_HOME stuff, is that before I set this
variable, Netscape complained about not finding java.jar, when running applets
and friends.  The reason is, that when it searches under the builtin default
directory of "/usr/lib/netscape", it searches under the wrong subdirectory.
Whereas it will search under the correct subdirectory relative to
MOZILLA_HOME.