Re: Problems with 80386 and 4 MB of RAM

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Fabian Knittel wrote:

> > A shoot in the dark: Try putting the "root" line after the "image"
> > line.

that wouldn't (shouldn't) make any difference at all, except that you now
have to repeat the "root=" line for every image listed in lilo.conf.
values set in the global section of lilo.conf are "inherited" by all the
images unless they over-ride them.

that's why i put "read-only" in the global section rather than with each
image (i know debian does that by default...i've got used to changing it
on every debian box i build).

> --snip--
> boot=/dev/hda3
> # compact
> install=/boot/boot.b
> map=/boot/map
> vga=normal
> delay=20
> image=/vmlinuz
> root=/dev/hda3
> label=Linux
> read-only
> --snip--

try "linear".

---cut here---
boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
linear
# compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=100
read-only

image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
---cut here---

> Could this be caused by a geometry mismatch? (I don't know what it
> means...)

the linear option should fix that.  see /usr/doc/lilo for more information.

craig

--
craig sanders