Re: subscribe

Rick Jones <rickya@siservices.net> writes:

> > You can get the old MBR back with "fdisk /MBR" (the fdisk from DOS)
> >
> > >   Partition table (fdisk):
> > >   ------------------------
> > >
> > >   Disk /dev/hda: 64 heads, 63 sectors, 1023 cylinders
> > >   Units = cylinders of 4032 * 512 bytes
> > >
> > >      Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
> > >   /dev/hda1   *        1        1      204   411232+   6  DOS 16-bit>=32M
> > >   /dev/hda2          205      205     1022  1649088    5  Extended
> > >   /dev/hda5   *      205      205      245    82624+  83  Linux native
> >
> >                 ^
> >
> > Only one partition should be active. With my above suggestion, it
> > should be hda2
>
> Also.  Maybe this is a typo or something, but your /dev/hda2 and
> /dev/hda5 seem to be ocupying the same area of the disk.  Not to

That's absolutely okay.  hda5 is a locical partition defined within
the extended partion hda2.  This is because there are only 4 slots in
the partition table.  Therefor one of these partition can be defined
as extended with an own partition table and potentially 59 partition
within (hda5...hda63) if there are no other limitation as defined by
MS.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie