Re: Digests/Newsfeed?

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> It looks like the Debian lists in newsgroup format are starting to spread.

We actually have linux.debian.user on our local news server, but it is
very incomplete - ie. 6 messages in the last month!

> If anyone is uucp capable and would like the lists as newsgroups in
> compressed batches, let me know.  Using gzip compression really reduces
> the byte-count. The debian lists that I am carrying are:

I don't have uucp installed at the moment. I want to give it a try though!
I'm on a dial-up ppp connection that is behind a firewall - I can't use
standard nntp to access remote news servers. With uucp I can? Would I need
a permanent connection?

I really want to get this to work, as I'm only on a free email account,
this list seems to them down and I don't want to do that!
I've unsubscribed (or soon will).

Thanks for any help,

-Tim.

---