Re: Remote X-term

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:

> Absoluetely.  If you are running an X server locally you can telnet
> over, set DISPLAY=machine:0 in the environment and start any X program
> and the display will be put on your local server.

You also have to tell your local machine that the remote can access the
display, else the server can't connect to the client.
Can't remember the file to config, haven't done this for awhile.

I want to do this again, with IP-masquerading, I have a 486 behind a 386,
and run X-Win on the 486 only. I want remote computers to connect to the
486 - X-Win only.

Thanks for any help,

Tim.

---