Re: Perl 5.004.04-3 Coredump problem SOLVED!!!

Neilen Marais wrote:

> HI all
>
> You might remember me moaning about adduser and some other things
> breaking when I upgrade from the bo perl 5.003summin to the newest hamm
> perl.
> But then, spurred on by writing this E-Mail, I suddenly find the
> solution....  Looking at the ldd perl bit I see
>
> libgdbm.so.1 => /opt/kde/lib/libgdbm.so.1 (0x40015000)
>
> /opt/kde/lib!!!!?? How dit THAT happen?  Anyway, check /etc/ld.so.conf,
> nothing there.  Do set | grep LD, and VOILA <sp?>, it was set in my
> LDCONFIG.
>
> Now of course I had no idea that the env var was looked at before
> ld.so.conf, or why on EARTH the kde package includes a libgdbm.so.1!!
> Well, at least I learnt something today :) (actually stricty speaking
> yesterday as it was just midnight)

You solved a problem that has been driving me nuts for a couple of days
now.  Everytime I tried to use dselect to upgrade some of the other hamm
packages it would segfault right after it tried to connect to the ftp
site.  I had it narrowed down to something in perl but couldn't find
it.  I didn't even think of the lib's.  I was just about to write an
email to the list asking if anybody knew what this was and saw your post
sitting there and read it.  Low and behold, I removed the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CPP_PATH and she's a workin again.

Yes.  I too used the deb's from the KDE site.  Against a warning from
somebody on this list, but the Debian KDE was outdated so I went for it.

Good work.