Re: xinetd not starting -- where is rpc.portmap?

I just figured out and fixed this on my system last night.  I run a
fairly bleeding edge hamm - I have my own mirror and I upgrade about
once a week.  The new version of netbase renames rpc.portmap to
portmap, but xinetd has not been made aware of this yet.  The fix is
to edit the file /etc/init.d/xinetd and change 'rpc.portmap' to
'portmap' and it works fine.  I'm sure xinetd will be updated soon to
make this the default.

--Bill.

William R Ward          Bay View Consulting   http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
hermit@bayview.com     1803 Mission St. #339        voicemail +1 408/479-4072