Re: statically linked ls ???

> I'd need a statically linked ls (ie no need of lib/ld-linux.so.1  and
> lib/libc.so.5)
>
> Is there any binary already available?

ftp://rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl/debian/upload/ls

> If not how can I do it myself? (I have the fileutils source tar)

Add "-static" somewhere on on the gcc commandline (the final linking
stage) in the Makefile. That's how I generated mine.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

Potentially offensive files, part 5: /dev/random.
`head -c 4 /dev/random` may print 4-letter words (once every approx 4e8 tries).