Re: netscape & acroread plugin?

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 bhmit1@mail.wm.edu wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Steve Hsieh wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have netscape & the acroread plugin working together?  On my
> > setup, when you try to open a pdf file on the web, acroread will die as
> > soon as the splash screen comes up, leaving netscape with the message "an
> > error occured" or something not too useful of a message.  Essentially, it
> > appears that acroread isn't waiting for the data to stream in on the
> > network (unable to open the data pipe?).
>
> Works here, from my .mailcap:
> #mailcap entry added by Netscape Helper
> application/pdf;/usr/local/bin/acroread %s
>
> Don't think I did anything special.

Thanks for responding. At the end, I was able to get acorread to work
properly as a helper app, as you have done.  But the problem I'm having is
with the inline plugin -- it's not very stable and tends to stop very
early on in the loading process, giving me all kinds of errors, especially
if you move the page or click on the netscape window before it is done