Re: new smail pkg (3.2.0.100-1.deb) problems

Yup, this took care of this little problem. I still have problems with
my fetchmail, though. In this (new) version of the smail a new (?)
variable is added to the /etc/smail/config file named 'more_hostnames'
wher it includes 'localhost'. My guess would be that should take care of
the earlier problem with localhost and hostnames (but I'm not sure).
What I can do:
1-- telnet to 'inforamp.net smtp' from a VC and get a 220--banner thingy
2-- telnet to 'localhost smtp' from a VC as a user and get a 220--banner
3-- my fetchmail, when invoked, sees the number of messages on the
remote server (it is giving me a feedback with the number of mails), but
my machine seems to be refusing the SMTP connection attempt by fetchmail
( error says something about 'SMTP connection refused by
my_machine_name').
So, my guess is it has something to do with permissions to allow the
access, but I don't know where to look...

Any help appreciated
Damir