Re: new smail pkg (3.2.0.100-1.deb) problems

"Damir J. Naden" <dnaden@inforamp.net> writes:

> remote server (it is giving me a feedback with the number of mails), but
> my machine seems to be refusing the SMTP connection attempt by fetchmail
> ( error says something about 'SMTP connection refused by
> my_machine_name').
> So, my guess is it has something to do with permissions to allow the
> access, but I don't know where to look...

What does hostname --fqdn say? If it is something like mybox.inforamp.net,
then make sure you have a entry for this name in /etc/hosts or your box asks
your ISP's nameserver about the "mybox" host in the inforamp.net domain.
Then: a) the nameserver doesn't know about a host "mybox" or b) there is a
host with this name already at the domain, but it doesn't have the IP you
got on dialin.

In both cases your box refuses connection due to the ALL:PARANOID line in
/etc/hosts.deny.

Ciao,
	Martin