ppp connection stats from ifconfig

Using Debian 1.3.1 with 2.0.30 kernel and netscape 4.03 and everything
works. However, there is one item I have been unable to explain.  I can
start my ppp connection successfully but ifconfig shows

      RX packets:13 errors:1 dropped:1 overruns:0

Although the connection appears to operate OK, I'm concerned about the 1
error and 1 dropped and how I can get rid of this or keep it from
happening.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
--