Re: PPP not finsihing connection for Earthlink

To quote from the pppd man page:

       lcp-echo-failure <n>
              If this option is given, pppd will presume the peer
              to be dead if n LCP echo-requests are sent  without
              receiving a valid LCP echo-reply.  If this happens,
              pppd will terminate the connection.   Use  of  this
              option  requires a non-zero value for the lcp-echo-
              interval parameter.  This option  can  be  used  to
              enable pppd to terminate after the physical connec­
              tion has been broken (e.g., the modem has hung  up)
              in situations where no hardware modem control lines
              are available.

ie. remove this option from your /etc/ppp/options file and this problem will
go away.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com