Re: new smail pkg (3.2.0.100-1.deb) problems

"Damir J. Naden" <dnaden@inforamp.net> writes:

> BTW, my answers to smailconfig when first installing:
> 1-internet site (SMTP via TCP/IP)
> 2-visible name: inforamp.net
> 3-other visible names: none
> 4-smarthost: inforamp.net
> 5-use inforamp.net for all mail that doesn't have to be delivered
> locally
> 6-postmaster mail to dnaden
> 7-send a message to local address: yes
> 8-use inetd instead of the smtp daemon

I find it easier, if you choose a name like home.net for your local net, and
change the From: header using headerrewriting in smail or a custom From:
header in your mailprogramm.

(For headerrewriting: There was a posting about this earlier this month)

Regarding your setup:

Point 3: localhost (this is necessary for fetchmail)
Point 4: I can't believe this is right. Can you "telnet inforamp.net smtp" ?
What does your ISP say to Loose95 lusers regarding smtp host. Take this one.

Ciao,
	Martin