new smail pkg (3.2.0.100-1.deb) problems

When installing smail package, the only remaining package in hamm dist
was 3.2.0.100-1, so I installed thinking it had solved previous problems
with /etc/inetd.conf file. Well, the smtp line in /etc/inetd.conf is
*not* commented out, and I still get the same (?) message that fetchmail
sees the mail in my ISP mailbox, tries to retrieve it and smtp
connection is refused. I don't have any network cards and no local
networks (single PC box), only connected to the ISP. I can telnet from
VC to localhost.
The second problem is that the mail from root(while installing the
package - the test message) to localhost (my regular username is where
all the postmaster mail should go) is not delivered with the message:
#runq: /etc/smail/config: parse error: unexpected end of attribute
This message pops up on my VC where I'm logged as a root every time runq
attempts to send it...
Is this my fault or has somebody else encountered a similar problem(s)?
BTW, my answers to smailconfig when first installing:
1-internet site (SMTP via TCP/IP)
2-visible name: inforamp.net
3-other visible names: none
4-smarthost: inforamp.net
5-use inforamp.net for all mail that doesn't have to be delivered
locally
6-postmaster mail to dnaden
7-send a message to local address: yes
8-use inetd instead of the smtp daemon

Note that I can ftp to the Net thru the PPP connection without a
problem.

Can i fix this somehow?

Thanks again
Damir