Re: Diamond Stealth II S220

Hi!

> I ordered a computer with a Diamond Stealth PCI video card.  When it
> arrived I found that the card was the Diamond Stealth II S220 which,
> of course, has absolutely nothing in common with previous Diamond
> Stealth cards.  (I hate it when hardware manufacturers use the same
> name for fundamentally different devices.)
>
> This card is based on the Verite' 2100 chip.  None of the drivers in
> XFree86-3.3.1 support it.  Not even xserver-svga can do anything with
> it and SuperProbe can't recognize it.
>
> Are there any suggestions of where to look for alpha-version drivers?
> I don't seen anything on the web pages at www.xfree86.org or for the
> extended S.u.S.E. drivers.

I bought that card too, but after a month I talked to my dealer and he
exchanged it to at Mystiqe. I don't understand the name Stealth II etiher,
because it's not the same chip as on the other stealth cards. I send a mail
to the xfree support team, and got the answer that they had no docs or code
from rendition, and that rendition only cared about support for windoze....
Really stupid imho...

Michael