PPP problem

Incoming, from OSWALD jean

> I have set the ppp debian package
> My modem is responding when I use minicom
> I have completed the /etc/ppp/options file properly.
> And when I run the command pppd the kernel answers
> "Sorry - Lack of PPP in your kernel"
>
> Or when I type "dmesh | grep PPP" I have no answer
>
> What shall I do to activate the PPP daemon ?

If it really said that, perhaps it's a typo in one of the config
files tou edited?  It's "ppp" or "pppd".

If not, then perhaps you need to compile support for serial line IP
and ppp (and slip?) into your kernel, or as a module, and try again?

--
 kee_Go_Away_Spammers_ling@spots.ab.ca  TopQuark Software & Serv. Consulting
                  Contract Programmer; inquire within.

       zcat /usr/doc/timezone/Introduction.gz | cockney | less