Re: Epson Stylus 400

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Anthony Fok wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Dana M. Epp wrote:
> > > Can anyone tell me if the Epson 400 Color Stylus can work under Linux.
> > Sorry, you are out of luck.  As far as I know, the EPSON Stylus COLOR 400
> > is a Windows-only printer.
>
> Are you sure?  A search through usenet yields this:

[snip]  (Instructions for using Ghostscript with EPSON Stylus COLOR
printers, esp. for SC500, SC600 & SC800).

> I got a 400 for Christmas and will be trying soon on Linux...

I'm pretty sure, but you might like to ask for a second opinion.  I've got
an EPSON Stylus COLOR 500 here, and it works great.  SC600 and SC800 work
with Ghostscript 5.x too.  AFAIK, the SC400 is one of those "Designed for
Windows" printer.  It doesn't work with the Macintosh either.  However,
don't quote me on this.  :)  Try a second opinion.  :)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Civil Engineering                http://www.ualberta.ca/~foka/