Re: apache 1.3b3-9 ignores .htaccess
- To: Hamish Moffatt <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: apache 1.3b3-9 ignores .htaccess
- From: Jeff Noxon <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 21:58:32 -0600
- Message-id: <19980102215832.08679@xyzzy>
- In-reply-to: <19980103130558.17664@yodeller>; from Hamish Moffatt on Sat, Jan 03, 1998 at 01:05:58PM +1100
- References: <19980103130558.17664@yodeller>
I hate "me too" posts, but since you asked, me too. I'm using passwd files
instead of db files; same problem...
On Sat, Jan 03, 1998 at 01:05:58PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I have just upgraded to apache 1.3b3-9; I have the following .htaccess
> in one directory:
> AuthDbGroupFile /etc/apache/groups.db
> AuthDbUserFile /etc/apache/users.db
> AuthName staff access
> AuthType basic
> <Limit GET>
> require group staff
> This seems to be ignored! Pages from the directory are served
> without any authentication at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
> Does anyone have a copy of the last Debian 1.2.4 package?
> I don't think I can afford to be running the Debian Apache 1.3 packages
> on my production system, but I need something better than 1.1.3.
Please reply to me using planetfall.com (jeff@).
On the side of the software box, in the "System Requirements" section,
it said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed Linux.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .