Re: delurk

On Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 03:05:18PM -0700, dave mallery wrote:
> i have been lurking here for about a month and find this an amazing
> list.

Welcome.

> one simple question: is there any filter with some laserjet4 support
> as far as point size and fonts in pcl??  am using magicfilter as was
> suggested a few days ago.

If your source document is text, 'enscript' has a -F option which lets
you pick a font.  If the source is already postscript, there might be
something in the 'psutils' package which will help (I did a quick look
and didn't find anything, but it "must" be there somewhere).  The fonts
themselves live in /usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts.

Sorry to be so vague, but I don't know enough about fonts to know which
sizes which fonts support, nor how to match fontnames to the files they
come from, so I haven't messed with resizing things, except to install
some Cyrillic fonts.

--
************** MICHAEL SCOTT ORR <mso@jimpick.com> *****************
*    *  1405 NE 56th Street, Seattle, WA 98105 USA     *    Russki *