Re: libc6-dev depends on kernel-headers-2.0.32-2

Yeah, the version of libc6 that includes the dependancy on headers -2
showed up on the mirror last night.

The kernel packages are probably lagging a day or two.  If you want, you
can report it as a bug but the kernel packages should be showing up
shortly so there is probably little point in doing it.

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Tim Bell wrote:

> Okay, I read the libc6 mini-HOWTO (thanks Scott), and it's worked until
> I got to installing libc6-dev 2.0.6-2, which depends on kernel-headers
> (or kernel-source) 2.0.32-2 or greater, which I can't seem to find
> anywhere. (ftp.debian.org only has 2.0.32-1, dated Dec 9.)
>
> Any ideas here? (I was tempted to do a --force, but I remembered Scott's
> advice to NEVER do a --force when upgrading to libc6, so I'm stuck.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim.
> --
> Tim Bell - bhat@cs.mu.oz.au - Dept of Comp Sci - Uni of Melbourne, Australia
>

> --

George Bonser
Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?
http://www.debian.org