Re: [NOT-Solved] Networking died

Well, it looks like the reseat was not what fixed it. There is definately
something wrong with something that I downloaded last night. It hangs the
network card.  What clears it is a power-off/on cycle. It is a 3Com
Etherlink-II AUI/10baseT card. I have never had any trouble with the card
until last night.  I noticed a glitch last night but much beer so I just
powered the system down and went to bed.  This morning I fired it back up
and it booted OK.  After about an hour, I started getting mail that MRTG
could not contact a router that I monitor with it.

I do not know what the trouble is at this point but it seems random. I am
now downloading the dnsutils from unstable and it is working fine.

If anyone else has networking troubles after upgrading to the current
packages in unstable, be aware that you are not the only one.

George Bonser
Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?
http://www.debian.org