Re: 2 CPU servers

In article <199708291850.LAA15033@ceramic.fifi.org> you wrote:

: I've seen some tape loaders change tape when sent mt offline, which
: make them usable under linux. You might want to check first though.

I'm happily using an HP Surestore 12000e DDS autochanger with dump and amanda
to do backups on a set of systems, including various Debian platforms.  The
tape server is a Debian 1.3.1 system, with selected packages from unstable...
The amanda and dump filesets were still libc5 when I grabbed them...

Bdale