Problem with dselect, apache mod_perl

I installed Apache 1.2.4 recently. Initially there seem to be some problem
leading to number of packages being required or conflicting with
eachother.
I finally get apache to install and along the way upgaded a number of
packages among them are perl and related packages, dpkg, libg++272,
libg++27, libc5 and libc6.

However I now find that I can't get mod_perl in Apache to work, the error
I get when running apacheconfig is

--
Stopping Apache webserver...sleeping...starting again...[Mon Sep  8
13:43:09 1997] Can't locate DynaLoader.pm in

Can't load Perl module `Apache', exiting...
failed.
--

I tried restalling perl but it doesn't help.

On top of that my dselect now can't work with the ftp method.
It give me the follow error

update available list script was terminated by a signal: Segmentation
fault.
(It left a coredump.)

I'm sure all these errors are the result of my upgrading. Can anyone give
me an idea of how to retify them. They are giving a good number of
sleepless night.

My sincere thanks in advance.