Re: Distributing a procmail filter (was: Re: splitting up the...)

The word 'newbie' just plain sucks, but why not use it anyway? We can even
think of ways to 'haze' them until they are considered part of the elite!

I use procmail to meet my needs, not because it is required. Some
unfortunate user who is trying to install Debian because we told him it
was better than slackware doesn't have ppp working. He sends mail to a
debian list using his mother's palmtop (windows-CE) or webTV. Obviously he
needs help so he can get his personal hardware operational. Why not keep
it simple? He sends mail to debian-help and checks his pop3 mailbox to see
whether the cavalry will come to his rescue or not.

After we get him up and running, he can participate in other discussions
and hear about the pros and cons of emacs, which mta to use, the perfect
procmail setup, and the like.