oracle & debian questions

Hello all...

We are investigating the possibility and options for accessing our
existing oracle database running on an HP9000 from a Debian server. We
would be interested in generating apache web page related reports...
that would utilize SQLNET and SQLPLUS or equivalents.

Are there any utilities available under the gnu license that will enable
to me generate SQL commands/queries from my Debian box over to my big
old HP 9000/oracle machine ???

Could all responses please be forwarded directly to me, as well as to
the group. I often dont get all the messages within the debian user
digest (possibly a CC:mail problem).