Looking for Talk - HOWTO

I have a question concerning talk. I would like to talk with a friend
if he and I are online.
We both connect to the net via ppp.

My friend gets my IP-number, say by e-Mail.

Now he could talk to me by "talk MY_LOCAL_LOGIN@123.45.67.9, right?
If he tries this, I can see a connect message in my xconsole like
>-------------------
	Aug  5 14:52:42 fliwatut in.talkd[3207]: connect from foo.foo.org
>----------------       ^^^^^^^
		        my hostname here

But I don't get a
"Talk requested by...."-message on any terminal I am logged in.

So my question is:
How can I be talked at my local Debian-machine??

--
				     Yours,

				Frank Barknecht

			Das Kölner Stadt- und Unimagazin