Merit Radius The Debian Package

Is it just me or does debian Merit Radius package come with a precompiled
no shadow password default????

Long sentence to say... Its not working with my shadow passwords...  ???

I've compile merit radius by itself before and it gave me an option for
shadow passwords in the Makefile... I would assume that most internet
service providors who are using Debian Linux as there Radius server would
want to have Radius with shadow passwords... Or am I wrong in assuming
that most who do this also use the very same system for both mail and
shell access?

Is there any easy switch... that the debian guys have added or do I still
have to download the source????