Re: Which Debian bundle should I get?

Gonzalo A. Diethelm wrote:

> OK, I'm almost ready to go for Debian 1.3.1. I would like to get a CD
> bundle with more stuff in it (like ftp sites archives). Who sells such
> a beast? I need delivery to the LA area.

In answer to several of your questions:

Get a cd from lsl or cheapbytes, from those you can install floppyless
and the cd images are sort of guaranteed to work (unlike the infomagic
images.)

install debian 1.3.whatever (1.3.2 has xfree 3.3, but not everyone is
very happy yet with that one) from the cd and toy with it. Get to know
how dselect and dpkg work and update some packages from the net with
dselect.

Libc6 is in the "unstable" distribution tree. But: do not yet install
packages from unstable. I know it has things you definately must have,
but currently it is in a rather "transitional" state. It might (probably
will) break a lot of stuff, including dpkg's system. Wait just a little
more time unstil unstable has settled and become more consistant. There
is a reason for unstable to be called unstable. You must know what you
are doing.

Have fun with debian,

Joost