Re: Help with Debian and ISDN

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Peter Iannarelli wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> I am trying to get BONDING working with Debian 3.1. I'll explain my setup.
>  - External Motorola Bitsurfer Pro
>  - using cua1 or ttyS1 (both dial and connect via V.120)
>  - I am using ppp (start and stop) in /etc/init.d
>
> I have the isdnutils package installed but have not deployed that control.
> I have read the mini HOWTO as well. there is a small mistake in it. Should be
> AT%A2=95 not AT%A2=92.

good you found that... I am betting you have a BitSurfr Pro EZ. I think
the other string is for a standard BitSurfr Pro.

> I am connecting into a Livingston digital modem bank and I do have 2 channel
> capabilities.
>
> I can successfully connect when I set my link protocol to V.120, however only a
> single 64K channel is established. (thats good because multi-link-PPP cannot
> be established via V.120). I am not running PAP. (could this be my problem?)

Yep you have to be using pap.

> When I dial into the Livingston, without bonding I login with my user id and password
> and then the negotiation starts. All is well.
> When I dial into the Livingston, with bonding, I never get the Login prompt from the
> Livingston. ?????

Again using pap wil fix this.

> If someone has gotten bonding to work with a BitSurfer Pro and Debian
> a kick in the right direction with be appreciated.

It's working as i type this... :)

Also I cant seem to get LCP EchoReq to work. I have turned that feature in
pppd off. (in /etc/ppp/options) On the same note I also cant seen to get
LCP ConfReq working for bsd_comp.o eather. <shrug>

          Whoo!
       ,, /
      ( ">
     _(->)->