Help with Debian and ISDN

Hello everyone:

I am trying to get BONDING working with Debian 3.1. I'll explain my setup.
 - External Motorola Bitsurfer Pro
 - using cua1 or ttyS1 (both dial and connect via V.120)
 - I am using ppp (start and stop) in /etc/init.d

I have the isdnutils package installed but have not deployed that control.
I have read the mini HOWTO as well. there is a small mistake in it. Should be
AT%A2=95 not AT%A2=92.
I am connecting into a Livingston digital modem bank and I do have 2 channel
capabilities.

I can successfully connect when I set my link protocol to V.120, however only a
single 64K channel is established. (thats good because multi-link-PPP cannot
be established via V.120). I am not running PAP. (could this be my problem?)

When I dial into the Livingston, without bonding I login with my user id and password
and then the negotiation starts. All is well.
When I dial into the Livingston, with bonding, I never get the Login prompt from the
Livingston. ?????

If someone has gotten bonding to work with a BitSurfer Pro and Debian
a kick in the right direction with be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Check out www.netwave.ca/~peteri for a little laugh.