Re: Iostream.h

At 10:38 AM 8/1/97 CDT, Kevin J Poorman wrote:

>I have just bought a book titled "On to C++" a book that was recomened to
>me by a freind.... Now partway into the book when I'm trying some of the
>examples it calls for the statement
>
>#include <iostream.h> and the compile fails, does anyone know where I can
>get this H file? what packages is it in ... is this a C++ Header file of
>a C Header File?

It is a standard C++ header file.

It's in the libg++-dev package. Look in the directory /usr/include/g++

Also, make sure you use "g++" or "c++" to compile, rather than "gcc" (they
are included with libg++).

Chris.
Chris R. Martin              Email: crmartin@tamu.edu
Computer Engineering (EE)    WWW: http://http.tamu.edu/~crm7479/
Texas A&M University         "If you must have delusions, at least have the
			      good ones..." - Marcus, B5.