Re: Debian-Lite : The Project

On Aug 1, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote

> > There is obviously a desire to make a small, simple Debian and so I
> > propose a project to make
> > one available.
> >
> > +To provide tools to extract the files required to create Debian-lite as
> > a subset (100Mb?) suitable for inclusion on a CD with other software
>
> I think should be better that the user installation option produces the
> Debian-Lite "installed system" instead of having another CD with the
> stuff necessary for this.
>
> 	What about the already existing ability of dpkg to read a
> configuration file whether pre-made or as the result of a Q&A session?
> --> (dpkg --get-selection)

I would appreciate having this.  This would make it possible to
create some basic configuration for several tasks: firewall/router,
X11-terminal, workstation, network server, intranet server,
dtp etc.

	Joey

--
Individual Network e.V.                _/                     OrgaTech
joey@office.individual.net            _/              joey@orgatech.de