Re: bug or feature?

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, David Wright wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:
>
> > Furthermore I always wondered why there is a limitation of 8 characters.
> > Wouldn't it be a lot harder to crack passwords if only they were
> > allowed to be a little longer?
>
> Agreed.
> --

Isn't that the point of using shadow passwords? Aren't they much longer?

Chris.

Chris R. Martin         email: crmartin@tamu.edu
Computer Engineering    web: http://http.tamu.edu/~crm7479/
Texas A&M University    "... I'm a 21st century digital boy, I don't know
                         how to read but I've got a lot of toys."
                                      -- Bad Relgion