Re: Documentation - I see squares

|">     export MANPAGER=/usr/bin/less
|">
|"> (Of course, this only works if you have the 'less' package installed.)
|">
|"> If it works for you, then you might want to put this line into your
|"> .bashrc or whatever startup script you use.
|">
|"> If the problem is that the documents you're looking at are gzip'd then
|"> you'll want to read them with zless, by executing, e.g.,
|">     zless /usr/doc/man/README.gz
|"
|"I don't think that's the problem, less is my PAGER, and I know about zcat.
|"Most of the text is quite readable. The little squares are often where I'd
|"expect an apostrophe to be, and some of the funny codes are <B7> for
|"example. It looks like a bit of hex.

You probably have not set your 'LESSCHARSET' environment variable;

try either:

export LESSCHARSET=latin1

or:

setenv LESSCHARSET latin1
--
Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)

"I am waiting as fast as I can! I want patience, and I want it *NOW*!"
                                                     - Bethany J. Parkhurst