Re: Documentation - I see squares

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, John Foster wrote:

> I don't think that's the problem, less is my PAGER, and I know about zcat.
> Most of the text is quite readable. The little squares are often where I'd
> expect an apostrophe to be, and some of the funny codes are <B7> for
> example. It looks like a bit of hex.

I think this is related to your font tables. If it's in text mode
then you might have changed fonts using one of the font tables in
/usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts which lacks a few chars.

I saw the same thing on a 486 I setup last week, but neigther my 486 or
6x86 do this. The only thing I can think of is that the 486 had it's font
set using setfont while the other two had the font set from the bios with
vga=extended in lilo.

Jason