Re: VIM Editor

Indus wrote:

> I am new to Linux and I have just tried to install the system onto a 386
> DX20 laptop with 8mb of ram. When I try running VIM, I get an error message
> saying that it needs the 'libXaw.so.6' library. Where can I get this ?
>
> Eamonn

Hi Eamonn,

you have to add the following to the file /etc/ld.so.conf

/usr/X11R6/lib

Since you don't have an running editor, you can do this as follows
(become root user):

# cd /etc
# echo "/usr/X11R6/lib" >> ld.so.conf
# ldconfig -v

Now the vim (and other editors) should work. If not, let me know.

BTW, this is a known bug in the Debian destribution. When this will be
solved?

--
Karlheinz Nolte, VS/ETB5, ALCATEL SEL AG
D-70430 Stuttgart, Germany