Re: xt?

David Stein wrote:

> Can debian Linux run on an xt? If not is there another linux that can run on an
> xt? a http: link in the right direction would be appreciated.

The minimum Linux requirement is a 386.  If you have some kind of
upgrade chip/package to allow the XT to use a 386, then yes.  Else, no.

I believe one reason is its a 32-bit "PROTECTED" mode OS.  I don't
believe that the 286 chip has that feature available.

Debian is just an install tool for getting Linux and applications
installed and configured.  (Of course we'll all tell you its great.)

Enjoy -- Greg.