NO SUBJECT

   Hi,

 While installing debian I am having problems with the mouse. I tried 2 mi
ce: a PS2 mouse and a Logitech 3-buttons mouse.
 for example, using the PS2 mouse:
   When building the configuration file for the kernel:
        cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.6
        make menuconfig
   I select character devices, then I tried to select not serial mouse
   Then I did:
        make dep; make clean
        make modules
        make modules-install
        depmod -a
   Then I am not sure what to do next. I tried
        modprob psaux
   But it returns: psaux module not found.

   When I try the other mouse, what should I select for character device etc?

In both cases, when I tried to bring up the X server, the best I get is a
frozen screen where the X for the mouse does not move..

   Is there a step-by-step help file somewhere?

   Thanks,
   Frederique giraud.