Re: [1.2 installation]: how to tell X to follow swapping of control and caps lock from loadkeys

> From: Steve Dunham <dunham@dunham.tcimet.net>

> I just read the config files and man XF86Config.  Add the following
> to the Keyboard section of XF86Config:
>
>     XkbRules "xfree86"
>     XkbModel "microsoft"
>     XkbLayout "us"
>     XkbOptions "ctrl:swapcaps"
>
> If you want the control keys _and_ caps lock to both do control, use
> "ctrl:nocaps". All possible values for the above are listed in
>     /usr/X11/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86
>
> This is the "proper" way to fix the control keys with XFree 3.2.

Where's the documentation on that?  It seems to be hiding pretty well here
on my system.  E.g., the XF86Config man page doesn't seem to say what options
can go in the options after "XbdOptions".

Also, why do you suggest "microsoft"?  (How do I see what all that would get
me?)

Daniel