Re: cdrom

Hi Jens:

In addition to not having the device files in /dev, I had the problem of
not having support for the CD Rom devices in the kernel. My kernel had
the decency to suggest insmod.

Locate your cdrom module, for SCSI it is sr_mod.o, or for (E)IDE, cdrom.o
Use insmod to insert these. If there is a driver there, insmod will
complain.

At least it worked for me. Lot's of luck.

--David

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> Jesse Goldman wrote:
> >
> > installing software, I've noticed that there are no devices for
> > scsi cdroms in the /dev directory.

> The SCSI cd devices might be either /dev/scdX or /dev/srX. I believe
> one of the recent distributions didn't add the /dev/srX devices.
           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper
Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil