Re: cdrom

Jesse Goldman wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I've just put debian 1.2 on my system and, while downloading and
> installing software, I've noticed that there are no devices for
> scsi cdroms in the /dev directory. In addition, the /proc fs
> doesn't contain any information about my devices, scsi or otherwise.
> Have I done the installation incorrectly?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> J. Goldman

The SCSI cd devices might be either /dev/scdX or /dev/srX. I believe
one of the recent distributions didn't add the /dev/srX devices.
If you don't have a device like /dev/scdX or /dev/srX you might
try:

  cd /dev
  ./MAKEDEV scd

-OR-

  cd /dev
  ./MAKEDEV sr

(You've probably done the install right.)

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com