Can't select menu items on RealPlayer 5.0 Beta 2

First of all, a Happy New Year to all of you!

I've installed the RealPlayer 5.0 Beta 2 on my Debian 1.3.1 system, and
everything works fine, except for one detail: I can't select anything from
the menus, although the single items on the menu bar (File, etc.) get the
focus when I pass over them with the mouse cursor. Drop-down menus are
shown as well, but nothing else can be done on them...

I'm using FVWM-2 and XFree 3.3.1. RealPlayer seems to be the only app I
have come across that shows this behaviour... Sorry if the question sounds
a little bit silly, but I'm puzzled. Is anyone else having this problem?

Cleto