Re: Ensoniq Soundscape

Timothy Hospedales wrote:

>         Following the Sound HOWTO, I just built a kernel with soundscape support
> (2.0.32), and only the MIDI is working. :(. Does anyone else have a
> Soundscape, and if so how did you fix this?
>
> It says this on bootup:
> Sound initialization started
> <Ensoniq SoundScape> at 0x330 irq 9 dma 3
> <SoundScape (MPU401)> at 0x330 irq 9 dma 3
> SoundScape: Invalid MSS IRQ11
> Sound initialization complete
>
>         It looks like the IRQ is wrong, but i'm not sure what to put because I
> noticed the soundscape uses different settings for things between my DOS
> and Win95/NT. :(
>
> Thanks,
> Timothy.

Although I don't have a true Ensoniq Soundscape card, I do have a clone made by the
now defunct Reveal.

One thing I found out was that to use the Soundscape card under Linux I had to
disable it's Sound Blaster compatibility mode under the DOS SSINIT program.

On a closer note, you will most likely need to force the card into a non PNP mode
and adjust it's settings manually to where you want them to be.  (Either that or
try the ISAPNP tools for Linux.. ).   If your card (as mine does) uses the SSINIT
program in DOS mode to set itself up, you can use that to determine where your card
is trying to place itself.