Re: UPS

Hi,

> Thanks, I was unfamiliar with Exide/Deltec and LanSafe.  I got a lot of
> good hits with a search and I see they're rated very highly.

We have a Deltec PowerRite 1500VA UPS here and it is a really nice
product. I haven't try the LanSafe III Linux version but the NetWare
version is very nice.

In the January issue of Linux Journal there is announcement for the
Linux version of LanSafe III.

Exide's home in the Web is www.exide.com.

> While the UPS-HOWTO is very informative, I was  also looking for a
> Linux oriented consumer review of UPS models and features, some Linux
> user's web pages with a little more up to date info than the Aug 1994
> date shown in one part of the HOWTO, as well as a survey of first hand
> experiences with different UPS brands and models by Linux users.

Well, the UPS HOWTO is written in that direction (Linux oriented
consumer review of UPS models and features).

Note also that there is an up-to-date version of the HOWTO dated
November 18, 1997. It contains lots of new information.

I myself use genpowerd, that is already packaged for Debian, as my UPS
monitoring software.

See ya!

E.-

--